Saturday 21 February 2015

TEST analysis on an issue.

I can’t remember where to find where something is on the Study Desk?

Story of my life! I think the issue with this course specifically is that there are no PDF's (I love PDF's, because I can download them and save them in my own folders etc). Even though the course is set out spectacularly well, there are links within books and it can get very confusing.

Here's my TEST analysis to see if I can solve the problem.

Task:
What is the task/problem?
The task is to find something on study desk that is REALLY important.

Environment:
Where is the task meant to take place?
I find that while I'm studying, even though this subject has a lot of online content that can 'be accessed anywhere, at anytime, on any device' I still like to do my work on a desk AND with a pen and paper open to take notes.
Also the online environment is the study desk.

Skills:
What skills to I need?
Navigational/retrieval skills I think sums up what we need to be able to do here.

Tools:
- The search tool for forums can be a huge help if you are after something one particular person said.
- Pen and paper- If something you think is really important, why not jot down in your notepad "assignment info- under assignment tab, cover sheets and structure sheets are down the bottom. also downloaded into assignment 1 folder on USB". Or, for each new book not down the title and subheadings in each as a personal map to the study desk.
- There are also plenty of online tools such as the Diigo tool that can help to locate information at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment