Monday 18 May 2015

powerpoints and referencing

Just like Jill I need to plan a lesson regarding how to reference. However, I won't be using an online tool to do this because my class will not be referencing any of the normal 'things' so its just easier to do it by hand. Also, they've never done it before.

So my first day on prac was great, but holy moly the teachers (and the students) LOVE powerpoint. Fortunately they've given me lots of resources to be able to plan (using powerpoint) but I would argue that for one of my classes we could use so much more. However, my yr 10's seem to learn best by 'read-write' through powerpoint. The are so 'spongey' they just soak up all the information and are able to do so much with it, to the point where we had a good 15 minutes of not doing much in the class because they had all finished. - sigh, they're amazing, talented, extension kids.

anyway, I think its time for bed. I'm teaching 2 lessons tomorrow :) wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment