Sunday 29 March 2015

#hashtagearemylife #omg #yolo

#ihearthashtags

They are pretty great. Even though it can be annoying when my younger cousins constantly hashtag on facebook about everything in their lives. #yolo #swag #lol - you get the idea.

But what about #help! #religionassignment
and tagging too! @missFoddy. @teacher @schoolreligionclass

I'm talking about using twitter for study. I tweeted David yesterday with an assignment question and he got back really quick (I was actually impressed). It also means that students can search hashtags for answers as well. So when students are studying for an exam, this would be handy. Also, collaborative learning on tasks could also be handy.

Theres also another tool here fakebook. Facebook for a classroom. I've heard its good for history and also religion and also character understanding in english.

I'm starting to see now how much we should be using social media in our classrooms. As I mentioned on twitter, I caved and got pinterest, something I'd been avoiding because I find social media a distraction, but I must admit I love it. I've already collected about 75 teaching resources already.

Jill's blog was the reason why I decided to get pinterest. Also, I'd heard raving reviews from many of my teaching colleagues on prac.

No comments:

Post a Comment