Wednesday 15 April 2015

Acronyms, short hand, short cuts

After working for a while on another assignment for another subject that requires me to reference almost every government department and organisation.. I was thinking, part of our assessment as pre-service educators should be a test of our knowledge of acronyms... just acronyms and nothing else.


Anyway, this lead me to think about (don't ask how, it just popped into my head) how was use short hand.. like when taking notes in class. But now we have another kind of short cut when using technology. Exactly that short cuts. I've provided this link to all the basic shortcuts. Short cuts are just a handy tool to have, it can speed some things up. I know, sometimes in the classroom, students get frustrated when the teacher 'goes the slow way' using right click and all those 'old fashioned' ways of doing things. The difference is literally a second, but sometimes thats enough time to lose the students attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment