Sunday 5 April 2015

turning off a child

I noticed the new picture on study desk about how turning off technology can turn off a child. Well, what about the opposite way around, when we turn on technology, we are turning off a child? I myself was one of those students that preferred pen and paper in the classroom. I remember in physics they once tried to get us to learn how to use an online journalling program to record all our research for our reports. I disliked it immensely, it was difficult to use, I couldn't cut things out and put them in different places, and highlight and flick between ideas quickly, and draw arrows, or annotate, or draw graphs, or diagrams. It was very stressful, I talked to my teacher and she let me hand in my hand written one because it was of a higher standard, and displayed more understanding than the online journal that I created. But I'm sure that there are students out there that feel the same about learning maths, or history, for example creating timelines or drawing graphs. Maybe we should consider this when teaching students as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment