Monday 20 April 2015

Visual learners?

While reading Emma's blog  I saw that she mentioned that she loved youtube because she was a visual learner. I understand that completely, I just wanted to come at this from an auditory learners perspective. One of my subjects this semester only consists of readings and NO lecture (and very few other resources). The lecturer posted a Youtube video and said that "if you are a visual learner, I suggest you look at this." I just went ahead and watched it anyway to have a break from the reading (that I wasn't fully comprehending). I learnt so much from that youtube video that he gave us, even through it only went for 5 minutes, and not because I was watching a guy in a video presenting a workshop, it was because I was able to hear a person talking about the topic.

I'm not saying that visual learners won't get anything out of it, but why did he just mention visual? That means that within my classroom, I need to remember that both auditory and visual learners will benefit from youtube videos. However, I would suggest that visual learners would learn more from gifs (or really short silent animations) because they are purely visual stimulation.


No comments:

Post a Comment