Saturday 25 April 2015

Religion in the classroom and ICTs

I was reading this article  about how some people believe that ICTs have no place in the religious education classroom. I completely agree with the article, ICTs and religion are definitely connected. Did you know (now, I can't remember exactly where I read this, but I did) when the first websites were created, religions were the first to create their own websites, because it meant that people could communicate across the world about their beliefs and build global communities of faith. In the past I've used ICTs in my religion classroom mainly for research, but I've also heard on websites that recreate religious rituals, that also create simulations of religious sacred spaces. I know some teachers have also created webquests (something that I have looked into but haven't tried yet). In my time in religion as a student I made imovies. But again, a lot of this is based on research and providing information. I think that is because in RE when it comes to transforming knowledge, there is a lot of application, synthesis and evaluation of knowledge and using ICTs to create new ways of communicating that knowledge. I haven't explored how I can use ICTs to talk to other people from other religions etc, however, that is definitely a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment